Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fiber Daze at Neosho, MO

What a weekend!  Two days of fiber fun with new and old friends.  There was lots of fur flying at the Crowder Agriculture Building in Neosho!  60+ knitters, spinners, weavers all in one place. 
Of course the vendors were wonderful.  I won't hold it against them that they way over tempted me (or show pictures of what I bought!).  We limit to Missouri fiber vendors and it always amazes me at what variety, quantity and quality we have right here.



I finally got up the nerve to join a class on knitting socks on 2 circular needles.  Now, I am a devoted DPN fan but our instructor Adrienne Rieck was great at explaining this and ....well I may consider it now.  She invited me to join the Ravelry group Year of Sock Stash.  Check out her blog:  http://www.knitandrun97.blogspot.com/.  By the end of the class I think we all had it figureed out!




The folks at Sarah Kate Fibers (http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com/)
encouraged me to try Gottland wool...
ummm, so soft!



Another new to me vendor was Morning Moon Alpacas from Monett, MO.  I fell for her carmel colored batt of blended alpaca, merino and silk.  She had an alpaca cria born Friday and we got to see pictures!
Stay tuned for info on next year's Fiber Daze events.  Held the 4th weekend of September 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to Join the Discussion...