Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Welcome

Welcome!  Thanks for stopping by. 
My name is Danelle and my life is hopelessly tangled in skeins, balls, hanks and bobbins of yarn!  I will try about any craft involving some form of fiber.  So far I have dabbled in spinning, crochet, knitting, tatting, weaving, quilting and sewing.  Having widely varied, yet loosely connected, interests can lead to some very interesting combinations.  My workbasket is never bland!  I also enjoy sharing these skills with others.  This Fall I will be attending several workshops and conferences-as both student and teacher.  I hope to give you a feel for these events as they happen.
Over the past several years I have found my hobbies becoming more and more tangled up with my faith is Jesus Christ.  As a Christian I believe that we can serve God with any talent He gives us.  I have been amazed at how He has used me and yarn!!  I look forward to sharing some of these discoveries with you.
Like many of you, I am a serious dabbler - meaning I still work a full time job to support myself and my addiction.  Also like many of you that I visit with, I have dreams of someday supporting myself with these skills and interests.  Dreaming doesn’t hurt right??  I have run out of people to give my creations to, so I have recently started a shop on Etsy, ThreeStrandsFibrewrk.etsy.com.  It is in the beginning stages as well, more on that later…
Well hopefully this gives you a feel for who I am and where I am going with this blog and that you are still willing to visit again.  I am learning as I go, so please feel to drop me comments.   I am eager to visit with you…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Care to Join the Discussion...